We love making cupcakes at home and I always use our never fail cupcake recipe each time we make them but sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of variety and so we’ve started making chocolate chip cupcakes based on the same recipe.
These are lovely to make as they don’t seem unfinished – they don’t need icing or any decorating and can be enjoyed as a tea time treat, for breakfast or just a snack. They’re perfect for any time really and the great thing is that they don’t need a specific amount of ingredients – you can make as many as you like so easily or just a small batch if you just want a few of them.
- caster sugar
- self raising flour
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases
- Break the eggs into a bowl and weigh them
- Add the same weight of butter, caster sugar and self raising flour and mix well
- Add the same weight of chocolate chips
- Add 1tsp of vanilla extract – I use 1tsp of vanilla for every 3 eggs
- Mix well and spoon into the paper cases
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned