A few years ago I published my Never Fail Cookies recipe and it’s been the basis of so many cookie recipes over the years. Recently we’ve been enjoying peanut butter and chocolate cookies, with that same recipe as the inspiration for them.
These are best eaten straight away with the centre still gooey. But, they also keep well in an airtight container for a few days.
So here’s our Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe – happy baking!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 185 g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- 215 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g chocolate chips
- 100 g peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter & sugar in a large bowl. Mix in the vanilla extract and gradually add the egg – beating well. Stir in the milk.
- Sift the flour & baking powder into a large bowl and then fold into the butter and egg mixture. Stir in the chocolate and peanut chips.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture onto a baking tray leaving approx 4cm between each one as they expand.
- Bake for 15 mins or until lightly browned. They should still be soft in the centre!