I love finding alternative ways to use mincemeat than just traditional mince pies so I’ve created some mince pie cookies for the festive season. These are simple to make, quick to bake and are a lovely treat to make in the lead up to Christmas as well as just a way of using up leftover mincemeat. These mincemeat cookies are the sort of things that I’d happily eat all year round if I found a jar of mincemeat in the cupboard!
Mince Pie Cookies
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 125g unsalted butter
- 185g soft brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- 230g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g mincemeat
- 100g raisins
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in the vanilla extract and gradually add the egg – beating well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and then fold into the butter and egg mixture. Stir in the mincemeat and raisins.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture onto a baking tray leaving approx 4cm between each one as they expand.
- Bake for 12 mins or until lightly browned.
- Once cooled mix icing sugar and water and then drizzle icing over the cookies.