We love dessert in our house and this is one of our favourite desserts to make. It’s quite simple, doesn’t take too long and can literally be thrown together. The children really enjoy it too and you can amend the recipe easily to change flavours too by using things like mint chocolate or caramel sauce, a different flavour chocolate spread or orange essence instead of vanilla. Give it a try and see what you think – here’s the recipe:
– 250g soft cheese
– 120g chocolate spread
– 40g icing sugar
– 120ml double cream
– 1tsp vanilla extract
– 1 pack of chocolate chip cookies
– Chocolate sauce
– Mix the soft cheese, chocolate spread and icing sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
– Whisk the double cream and vanilla and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
– Crumble the cookies into a bowl.
– Add a layer of crumbled cookies to dessert glasses.
– Next, add a layer of chocolate mixture.
– Add a squirt of chocolate sauce.
– Repeat the above layers until the glasses are full, finishing with cookies.
– Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.