Escape Rooms are hugely popular and you can now find them in most towns across the country – and abroad too. They’re something that friends and family can do together and a great way of celebrating a birthday or special occasion.
I thought it would be nice to put together all the Escape Rooms across Hampshire to give you inspiration for your next day out.
Escape Rooms in Hampshire
Exciting Escapes – Basingstoke and Portsmouth
You and your team have just 60 minutes to crack codes and solve intricate puzzles, can you prove yourselves the ultimate trackmasters and escape our rooms in Hampshire?
- The Disappearing Duchess – Chapter 1 – 2 to 6 players, age 10+
- Chapter 2 – The Disappearing Duchess – 2 to 6 players, age 10+
- Banking on Trouble – 2 to 6 players, age 10+
- Dark Deeds and Groceries – 2 to 7 players, age 10+
- A hidden past – 2 to 7 players, age 10+
- Breaking the Law – 2 to 5 players, age 10+
Clue Capers – 1 The Broadway, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 9BE
ClueCapers offers challenging, fun escape room games – 3 indoors and 2 outdoors – packed with unique puzzling conundrums!
- Mission to Winchintzy – Up to 6 players, age 9+
- A Curious Inheritance – Age 9+
- Treehouse Retrieval – Age 9+
- Vexed in Venta – Outdoors
- Percy’s Paradox – Outdoors
Other World Escapes – 239 – 241 Commercial Road, Portsmouth, PO1 4BJ
Find clues, solve puzzles and complete the objective with your team before the time runs out. With in-game characters, beautiful set design and sensory experiences, you take on a fully immersive, interactive and thrilling escape room experience.
- Vermilion Diamonds – 2 to 6 players
- Chip Shop: The Red Herring – 2 to 4 players
- The Journey To XibAlba – 2 to 8 players
- Lapland – 2 to 8 players
- Pub: The Lock Inn – 2 to 8 players
Escape Hunt – 14B Festival Place, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 7BA
Packed with excitement, you and your teammates will leap into new worlds completing ground-breaking missions. Work as a team to find clues, solve puzzles and complete challenges before the time runs out. This isn’t something you watch, it’s something you experience – right in the heart of the action.
- Doctor Who: A Dalek Awakens – 2 to 6 players, age 8+
- Blackbeard’s Treasure – 2 to 6 players, age 8+
- Aladdin – 2 to 6 players, age 8+
- Alice in Puzzleland – 2 to 6 players, age 8+
- Our Finest Hour – 2 to 6 players, age 8+
- Alice – 2 to 4 players, age 12+
- Mission Sigma – 2 to 6 players, age 8+
- Survival – 2 to 4 players, age 12+
- Jungle Quest – 2 to 4 players, age 12+
- A Christmas Story – 2 to 4 players, age 12+
Houdini’s Escape Room Experience – 9A Castle Way, Southampton, Hampshire SO14 2BX
Houdini’s have not been voted #1 Escape Room in the World for nothing! They meticulously curate and design escape room experiences with their attention on all the little details to make your experience challenging, fun and mind-blowing all at the same time!
- Room 13 – 2 to 6 players, age 12+
- Creepy Carnival – 2 to 7 players, age 12+
- RMS Titanic – 2 to 7 players, age 12+
- Escape from Alcatraz – 2 to 7 players, age 8+
- Extinct – 4-8 players, age 12+
- Hexmore – 2-6 players, age 8+
- Poppa Plock’s Wonky Workshop – 2 to 6 players, age 15+
Elusion Escape Room – Two venues in Southampton
Get locked up with your friends. Use your wits to solve the mysteries, puzzles and challenges hidden in each room.
- Potions and Peril – 2 to 6 players, family friendly – under 13’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Seven Sins – 2 to 8 players, age 15+
- Cursed Waters – 2 to 8 players, family friendly – under 13’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pandora Heist – 2 to 8 players, family friendly – under 13’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- From Beyond – 2 to 6 players, age 11+
The Real Escape – 257-259, Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO1 4BP
Locked in a room, you must solve hidden clues to find a way out. The clock is ticking so you will need to work together – and along the way you’ll find out a lot about each other.
The Real Escape is suitable for friends and family groups, higher education students and as a team-building exercise for businesses.
- The Western Job – 2 to 6 players
- Chamber of the Deep – 2 to 7 players
- Dr Ryddle’s Memories – 2 to 6 players
- Mission 60 – 2 to 3 players
Locked In A Room – Unit 11c, Lower Level, West Quay Shopping Centre, Southampton, Hampshire SO15 1QE
The Locked In A Room experience provides a perfect atmosphere for that long overdue get together. Suitable for all ages, all weathers and all personalities and not a mobile phone in sight.
Trapped In Fiction – 37a Winchester Street, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 7EF
Trapped in Fiction is a new escape room in Basingstoke by the creator of Escape the Chop in Berkshire, an award-winning escape room based just outside of Reading.
- The Forbidden Room of Fun – 2 to 8 players, any age when playing with an adult or 16+
- Peter Pan – 2 to 6 players, any age when playing with an adult or 16+
Sneaky Dog Escapes – 40 Victoria Road, Southampton, Hampshire SO19 9DX
Sneaky Dog Escapes push the boundaries of escape room adventures. They love escape rooms and feel passionate about building the best escape rooms they can.
- Operation Spitfire – 2 to 7 players, age 13+
- Elf School – 2 to 6 players, all ages, under 7s play free
As yet, we haven’t done an escape room but I can’t wait to give one ago – I just need to get a team together! I hope this has given you inspiration for an activity to try out with your friends and family. If you know an escape room experience that I’ve missed please do get in touch and let me know.