After Christmas it always feels like a hard slog to get back to normal – there’s turkey to finish eating, endless boxes of chocolates and loads of party food and treats in the fridge. It take us a good few weeks to get back into the routine of having a meal plan and eating proper dinners again rather than leftovers.
To help us get back to normal McCain inspired us to create a quick and easy family meal. Often our meals are batch cooked and then frozen to make weekday meals that much quicker but we also love to cook from scratch at times – with a little help from the freezer!
LP loves to get into the kitchen with me and she enjoys nothing more than helping to cook dinner. I planned to make Bacon Wrapped Cheesey Chicken served with salad and McCain Curly Fries – something new for the children to try!
LP loved helping me make dinner. She watched me cut open the chicken breasts and then fill them with cheese triangles that she’d unwrapped for me. We then wrapped them in bacon and put them in the oven.
LP pretty much made the salad by herself and then poured McCain Curly Fries onto a baking tray for me. She’ll be cooking by herself in no time! This is just one of many family meals we make for dinner that get the kids involved but also fit nicely into our routine.
Serves: 4 Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts – fresh or frozen and completely defrosted
- 8 smoked back bacon rashers
- 4 cheese triangles
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Cut the chicken breasts length ways, making a pocket inside them.
- Fill the pocket with a cheese spread triangle and wrap the chicken breasts tightly in two bacon rashers.
- Bake the chicken in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Serve with salad and your choice of McCain potato products.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Network Research Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity. I have received a voucher as a token of thanks for this post.