Disclosure: We were sent the featured products for the purpose of this post however all opinions are my own.
Dave and I don’t often get a chance to have a drink together and usually, when we do find the time, we automatically opt for a G&T. Appletiser recently asked if we’d like to make some cocktails and I thought it would be nice to try something different rather than our regular G&T.
How do you make Appletiser cocktails?
Appletiser sent us the ingredients to make their Classic Appletiser Cocktail and I couldn’t wait to give it a go. We love Appletiser and in our delivery we were also sent Apple and Blackcurrant Appletiser that I hadn’t tried before – it’s so lovely and refreshing, definitely worth a try if you’re already an Appletiser fan.
So here are the cocktail recipes we made:
Classic Appletiser Cocktail
- 2 drops of maple syrup
- 8 drops of Angostura
- 25ml Calvados
- 80ml Appletiser
- Twist of lemon peel to garnish
- Add together the maple syrup, Angostura and Calvados into a cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds
- Strain into a champagne flute
- Top up with 80ml of Appletiser
- Garnish with a twist of lemon peel
We didn’t have any lemons but made the cocktail without and it had a really lovely summer flavour. I am sure it’s something we’ll be making for friends through the summer!
We also made Blackcurrant Gin Fizz which was lovely and refreshing and something we could drink quite easily!
Blackcurrant Gin Fizz
- 50ml Gin
- 25ml lemon juice
- 1tsp honey
- Topped up with Apple and Blackcurrant Appletiser
- Pour the gin into a glass with crushed ice cubes.
- Mix the lemon juice and honey before adding to the glass.
- Stir well.
- Top up with Apple and Blackcurrant Appletiser.
- Finish with a slice of lemon.
Appletiser makes great summer drinks and is great added to cocktails too. We’ll definitely be having a bottle to hand in the fridge over the summer months!