Aside from presents and Christmas dinner, the main thing anyone thinks about for Christmas is the tree. We have had artificial ones for a few years but do also get real ones from time to time – and it’s always such a lovely part of Christmas. Choosing the tree together as a family, taking it home, decorating it and often having a celebratory meal or hot chocolate afterwards.
But, it can be hard to know where to get a Christmas tree from. With costs rising in every aspect of our lives, it’s good to shop around and there are more Christmas tree options than you may realise across Hampshire and the surrounding areas.
What Christmas tree should you get?
When looking for a real Christmas tree there are so many options and they all have pros and cons. You might want the sturdiest, longest lasting tree or you might want one that looks like it’s right from the front of a Christmas card. Whatever style you are looking for there is bound to be a tree for you.
- Nordman Fir are the most popular Christmas tree in the UK with great needle retention.
- Norway Spruce is what we think of as the traditional Christmas tree across the country with that lovely Christmas tree best shape.
- Blue Spruce are beautiful dark green to powdery blue trees.
- Fraser Fir have the strongest branches that will hold up well with ornaments and great needle retention.
- Balsam Fir are very rare in the UK and not trees we see very often but they smell just like Christmas.
- Canaan Fir has that lovely Christmas fragrance and good needle retention.
- Scotch Pine is a dark green/blueish-green colour with a lovely festive smell.
Where to get the best Christmas trees in Hampshire
I have tried to include as many options for buying Christmas trees as I can across Hampshire, from Christmas tree farms to garden centres and pop up stalls. There are also many places that you know of already – the supermarkets, DIY stores and street corner stalls that you resort to when you’ve left the Christmas tree search a little bit late. Those ones I haven’t included on the list.
But, I have given a good range of Christmas tree farm Hampshire options and places where you can get Christmas trees delivered as well as buying off the shelf pre cut Christmas trees. Like with everything, the information is correct at the time of writing, please do click through to each official website to get up to date details and any special offers.
Christmas Tree Farms Hampshire
A great festive activity is going to choose a Christmas tree and it’s lovely being able to go and pick one freshly cut from a Christmas tree farm. There are, surprisingly, quite a few Hampshire Christmas tree farms and many have extra activities and events on in the run up to Christmas like seeing Father Christmas, seeing light shows or even feeding reindeer.
Here are our top choices for farms to get Christmas trees Hampshire:
Where: Warren Lane, Liss, Hampshire GU33 7DF
When: Sat Nov 25 – Fri Dec 22
Where: The Grain Store, Temple Valley, Winchester SO21 1HW
When: 25th November to 21st December
Where: Burcot Farm, East Stratton, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 3DZ
When: From 25th November 2023
Where: Farnham Rd, Liss, Hampshire GU33 6LJ
When: From Friday 1st December
Where: Heath Farm, Heath Rd E, Petersfield GU31 4HT
When: From 25th November
Christmas Trees from Garden Centres and Farm Shops
Garden centres and farm shops are another great choice for Christmas trees. As we all know, garden centres do vary massively but our favourite ones have vast Christmas departments in store so that you can pick up decorations and gifts as well as getting your Christmas tree.
Here are some of our favourite garden centres for Christmas trees across Hampshire:
- Dobbies Havant – Havant Garden Centre, Bartons Rd, Havant PO9 5NA
- Everton Nurseries – Christchurch Rd, Everton, Lymington SO41 0BF
- Basingstoke Garden Centre – Winchester Rd, North Waltham, Basingstoke RG25 2DJ
- Sherfield-on-Loddon Garden Centre – Wildmoor Ln, Sherfield on Loddon, Hook RG27 0HL
- Elm Park Garden Centre – Aldermaston Rd, Pamber End, Basingstoke, Tadley RG26 5QW
- Hillier Liss Garden Centre – Farnham Rd, Petersfield GU33 6LJ
- Avenue Nurseries Garden Centre – Avenue Road, Lasham, Alton GU34 5SU
- Brambridge Garden Centre – Brambridge House, Kiln Ln, Brambridge, Colden Common, Eastleigh SO50 6HT
- Keydell Nurseries Horndean – Havant Rd, Horndean, Waterlooville PO8 0UU
- Haskins West End – Gaters Mill, Mansbridge Rd, West End, Southampton SO18 3HW
Christmas tree delivery Hampshire
You may not have a vehicle to transport a Christmas tree so, often, getting one online or from a local store who can deliver is a more convenient option. Here are some home delivery Christmas tree options in Hampshire:
Other places to buy Christmas trees this year:
I hope that helps with your Christmas tree search this year. I’m sure your finished tree will look beautiful and I hope, when the time comes, that you have a wonderful Christmas.
If you’re looking for more festive inspiration these articles might be useful: