*This is a paid post
Whether we’re at home or away there is one thing that I always find difficult over the summer. Insect bites. As a redhead, with fair, sensitive skin, I have always been quite prone to reactions from insect bites and the children are very much the same.
We all get bitten numerous times through the season regardless of whether we put insect repellent on. I’ve always just thought of it as one of those things and put up with the constant itching that comes with every insect bite.
But this summer we’ve discovered a solution to that itching – something that will really keep insect bites at bay. bite away® is a handy medical device that treats the itching, pain and swelling caused by insect bites. It can be used on so many bites – mosquitos, bees, wasps, horseflies. Anything that causes irritation.
What is bite away®?
bite away® is totally chemical free and uses just a short burst of heat which has been proven to reduce symptoms of bites and stings within 2 minutes. It’s so easy to use, can be thrown in a bag and taken with you on any day out or away on holiday and can be used by the whole family too.
A study measuring pain, swelling and itching of insect bites and
stings after treatment with bite away® found:
- 2 minutes after bite away® use there was a notable reduction in pain from the sting / bite. After 10 minutes the pain had almost disappeared.
- Locally administered concentrated heat leads to fast and reliable improvement of symptoms.
- Pain reduction is the dominant effect when using bite away®.
It’s fantastic to find a product that has proven results like these, especially when you really suffer when you get bitten. For us, the best thing about bite away® is that it doesn’t have a sell by date like creams, ointments or patches that we’ve used in the past. We can use bite away® year after year without any issues.
So, how does bite away® work?
bite away® works really simply by concentrating heat at 51°C on the affected area. This causes two things to happen:
- Itching is decreased. Through targeting the pain receptors, an inhibition of the neuronal itch signalling pathway can be achieved, thereby decreasing the itch.
- Immunomodulation. It is believed that through the heat shock of the mast cells, the release of histamine and other inflammatory mediators are decreased. Swelling can be reduced as a result.
I love how easy bite away® is to use. You just place the device onto the affected area, press it gently onto the skin and press the button. This makes the ceramic contact surface heat up to the 51°C temperature which is then maintained for 3 seconds on the first use or 5 seconds on subsequent uses. After that bite away® then switches off automatically making it completely safe to use.
bite away® is suitable for allergy sufferers, pregnant women and children over 12 when they’re using it by themselves – I’ll happily help our children to apply it when they need it in the future. bite away® has been dermatologically tested and it’s Amazon reviews really do speak for themselves.