Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh Recipe
This curry is so full of flavour and a great option to put on to cook before going to work, knowing that it will be ready when you are. The longer you cook it for the more flavour it has and it freezes really well too - perfect for batch cooking.
Servings: 4 people
- Spray oil
- 750 g diced lamb
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2.5 cm fresh root ginger peeled and chopped (although I use this - (a teaspoon of) so much easier!)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 reaspoons cumin seeds roughly crushed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried chillies
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml lamb stock
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
Heat a frying pan and spray with oil. Add the lamb and fry until browned. Transfer to the slow cooker pot with a slotted spoon.
Add the onions to the frying pan and fry until softened. Stir in the garlic, ginger, spices and dried chillies and cook for a couple of minutes. Stir in the flour and then add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil whilst stirring.
Pour the mixture over the lamb in the slow cooker pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Just before serving stir in the creme fraiche.