There are a lot of things I don’t like about Sundays
- The majority of people have that Sunday night/Monday morning back to work feeling. Eugh, everyone hates Sunday night for that reason.
- Shops open late and close early. Why?! It makes no sense to still have Sunday trading hours. Shops should be open for consistent hours throughout the week. I couldn’t go to the shops on Sunday until 10:30. 10:30!! Half the day’s gone by then!
- Rubbish TV. There is never anything on TV on a Sunday. Sundays are only good for movies and catching up on TV that you recorded during the week.
- Carvery dinners. Carveries, pubs and all other ‘roast dinner’ selling establishments increase the price of a carvery on a Sunday. It’s a con. Take Toby Carvery for example, £5.99 carvery Monday to Saturday or £8.99 on a Sunday! What a rip off. 50% more to have a carvery on a Sunday. Who said roast dinners should just be on a Sunday? Saturday carveries taste even better when they’re cheaper!
- Public transport timetables are awful on a Sunday. They either don’t exist or buses and trains are once an hour if you’re lucky! Also, planned engineering work on train/tube/tram lines is always scheduled for Sundays!
Sundays are rubbish.
Actually, the only thing worth doing on a Sunday is staying at home to avoid public transport, don’t go to the shops as they’re open at the wrong times, watch Disney DVDs as there’s nothing on the TV, cook your own dinner and stay in your PJs. Because you can.
Oh ok, Sundays aren’t that bad after all. Off I go to lounge on the sofa in my PJs with the Lion King.
Happy Sunday everyone 🙂