*This is a paid post
In May we are off to Wales for a week to Bluestone National Park Resort. We were lucky enough to stay there previously in November 2013 but as the children were so young and the weather so terrible we didn’t really get to explore much of what Wales had to offer.
This time we are planning on getting out of the resort more, exploring Wales and going on some day trips to see more of a country that we have mostly only driven through up until now – apart from a couple of hours in Cardiff when we went to see U2 in concert a few years ago.
What do you wear in Wales?
We were asked by Visit Wales what we would pack for our trip to Wales and the one thing I have learnt is not to count on the weather – especially in May! Here are a few of the things I’m planning on packing for our week:
- Wellies – We will be going to the beach, out in the forest and many other places. Wellies are pretty good all weather footwear and I like to be prepared for the rain and mud!
- Suncream – On the other hand, the weather might be fantastic! In that case my must have thing to pack is sun cream – one thing I take with me throughout the year.
- Coats – Even if the weather’s fantastic you never really know when you’ll get a sudden rainshower so we’ll all be taking lightweight, waterproof coats with us to protect us from both the rain and wind – there are quite a lot of places outdoors in Wales with not much shelter so a good coat can really protect us from the elements.
- Camera – Lower down on my list but very much an essential. I am not often without my camera now and will need to capture all the great sights that we see in Wales.
- Change of clothes – Going on adventures means that we often get wet, sandy or muddy and so a change of clothes to keep in our bag on a day out makes the ride home just that bit more comfortable.
We’re really excited to go back to Wales and are planning on visiting Folly Farm one day and a beach on another. If you have any recommendations of beautiful Welsh beaches or anything else that is a must do in Wales please do let me know – I don’t know a huge amount about the country!