Last week Organix sent us some of their carrot products so that we could join in celebrating International Carrot Day on 4th April. I didn’t even know vegetables had their own days until organix got in touch to tell us all about it.
Organix love carrots, they’re packed with nutrients, are an excellent source of vitamins, a rich source of beta carotene and a great source of dietary fibre. Carrots are one of LP and Little Man’s favourite vegetables to eat both cooked and raw and they love the familiar flavours of Organix carrot products too.
Organix baby finger foods and toddler snacks range has a variety of carrot snacks for little ones to explore and enjoy which all come with the Organix No Junk Promise, a commitment to never adding anything unnecessary – so no added salt or sugar – and to set standards in foods for children.
Here are some great facts about carrots:
- Carrots were one of the first vegetables ever grown by man
- Carrots aren’t always orange, they can be purple, red, white or yellow too!
- The carrot that Bugs Bunny eats is called the Danvers carrot
- The carrot is a member of the parsley family
Organix sent us the following products from their great range that the children have loved from when they started weaning and still enjoy now – a year or more later!
- Organix Carrot Sticks are delicious corn puffs with a crispy melt in the mouth texture. Their shape makes them perfect for babies to explore on their own. RRP 75p
- Organix Carrot & Tomato Rice Cakes are perfectly sized for little fingers, and made with wholegrain rice, puffed into circles, covered with organic carrot and tomato juice. RRP: £1.19
For 12 months+
- Organix Goodies Carrot Stix are baked not fried and packed with carrot flavour and a delicious sprinkle of coriander. RRP: £2.49
- Organix Goodies Carrot Cake Oaty Bars are part of an award winning range, and baked using nothing but juicy fruit and wholegrain oats. RRP: £2.49
Disclosure: We were sent the above products for the purpose of this post however all opinions are my own.