Last week was National Sandwich Week and I think if given half the chance Hubby and I would live off sandwiches. We love them, but not just sandwiches with two slices of bread but bagels, wraps, stuffed pittas and anything else we can find. There’s nothing quite like a sandwich to fill a gap and satisfy a little craving at the same time.
Primula have come up with some great sandwich ideas and alternatives for any of you sandwich lovers out there. Here are a few recipes that I will be definitely trying!
All these recipes and more can be found over on Primula’s website.
Here’s the Primula Cheese and Ham Wraps recipe:
Primula Cheese and Ham Wraps
- Primula Original Cheese tube
- 4 wholemeal or seeded tortilla wraps
- 4 red vine tomatoes thinly sliced
- 4 large slices of ham
- Lay out a wrap & squeeze a swirl of Primula cheese on top. Using a knife spread a thin layer over the whole wrap leaving room at the edges.
- Randomly scatter torn lettuce leaves over the cheesy layer followed by slices of tomato.
- Swirl some cheese over the mixed salad then lay the ham over the top.
- Fold the wrap to make a tortilla or roll it up into a sausage and cut it into 1cm pieces.
- Repeat with the remaining wraps.
Salmon and Cheese Bagel
- Bagels – cut in half
- 400 g smoked salmon
- 100 g Primula Cheese Original
- Cracked black pepper
- Toast the bagels.
- Squeeze a layer of Primula Cheese over the base of each bagel.
- Place a layer of salmon on top of the Primula. Sprinkle a little cracked black pepper onto the salmon and add the other half of the bagel on top!
- Serve straight away for a great start to your day!
Here’s the Primula Prawn Wrap With Sweet Chilli Dip recipe:
Primula Prawn Wrap With Sweet Chilli Dip
- 4 large flour or corn tortillas or other flatbreads
- 1 x 150g tube Primula Cheese and Prawn Spread
- 300 g pack cooked peeled prawn tails
- 4 handfuls of baby leaf salad
- 2 spring onions chopped
- Primula Thai Sweet Chilli Dip
- Set the tortillas in a row.
- Squeeze a quarter of the Primula over half of each tortilla.
- Dot on a share of prawns onto the “uncheesed” area.
- Scatter some salad on top of these. Scatter some spring onion onto the “cheesed” area.
- Roll up the quesadilla starting from the prawn-covered side. End with the cheese-covered side.
- Wrap each quesadilla neatly in a square of greaseproof paper on the diagonal, then in aluminium foil at the same angle. Twist the ends to seal firmly.
- To eat, cut in half, crosswise, without unwrapping then unwrap, dip and eat.
- Take a sealed tub of Primula Thai Sweet Chilli Dip to the picnic. Let diners spoon a little onto each quesadilla or dip into it.
Here’s our Cheesy Roasted Vegetable Ciabatta:
Cheesy Roasted Vegetable Ciabatta
- 2 Small Ciabatta 1 Courgette sliced
- 1 Red Pepper chopped 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tube Primula Cheese
- Toss the courgette, peppers and onion in the oil and roast in a moderate oven until tender.
- Slice the Ciabattas in half lengthways and arrange the roasted vegetables on the base of each. Squirt the
- Primula cheese over the vegetables and place the top half of the Ciabatta on top.
- Wrap in foil and place on a baking tray in a preheated oven at 200oC/gas mark 6 for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with green salad.