There are a fair few smells in life that are pretty disgusting. There are probably too many to mention. But there are a handful of smells that I love, that make me happy as soon as my senses come into contact with them.
- That ‘just rained’ smell – the dewy, muddy, grassy fresh smell that only comes at the start or end of a really, really good rain. That’s the time I love to go and stand outside and just breath – the freshest air you’ll ever ever inhale!
- Freshly cut grass. This is even better if you go to a local park when the council have just cut the grass! A huge expanse of freshly cut grass smell.
- I can’t stand coffee. It makes me gaga and leaves this nasty bitter taste in my mouth. But I love the smell of it. It reminds me of being a kid and going into old fashioned coffee shops with hessian sacks of coffee beans everywhere and manual coffee grinders. Hubby has a coffee machine and I love the house smelling of coffee. I’ll never drink it though!
- Fresh bread. Amazing smell, so homely. You really cannot beat the smell of freshly baked bread.
- Bacon cooking has to be my all time favourite food smell. The love of bacon and the smell of it cooking is the single biggest reason I could never be vegetarian – I would always succomb to the amazing bacon smell.
- New Baby Smell. You cannot beat that baby smell. The new baby, lovely smell. I cannot even describe it but it is amazing!
What are your favourite smells?