We eat fajitas quite a lot in our house. LP loves food that she can make herself and I love anything where we put bowls and plates in the middle of the table and all tuck in – so it’s a winner on a lot of fronts! Add to that the fact it doesn’t take long to prepare and cook and fajitas are an ideal weeknight family meal.
Bernard Matthews got in contact recently and challenged us to switch the meat in one of our favourite dinners to their Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Breast Chunks and I knew fajitas would be a perfect chance to experiment. Up until now I had only used Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Breast Chunks in sandwiches or on top of homemade pizzas – never really as a main cooking ingredient so I was keen to see how Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Breast Chunks would fair in one of our regular family meals.
Here’s how we usually make our fajitas, replacing our normal chicken breast with Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Breast Chunks:
- 400g Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Breast Chunks
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 1 pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- fajita seasoning
- salsa, sour cream, grated cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber to serve
- Mix the Turkey Chunks and a little oil with the fajita seasoning in a bowl.
- Heat a pan and add the Turkey Chunks cooking for a few minutes until hot throughout.
- Add the pepper and onions cooking for a few minutes until browned but still crunchy.
Our fajitas using Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Breast Chunks were as nice as our usual chicken breasts ones but took just a few minutes to cook. This makes Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Breast Chunks a great alternative for a weeknight meal when time is limited and you still want something quick yet healthy for dinner.
Disclosure: We were compensated for the ingredients used in order to create this post however all opinions are my own.