One thing that always increases the price of our weekly shop is toiletries and beauty products. I have been looking for places where I can buy these things at a reduced rate or buy them in bulk and I came across Chemist Direct.
Chemist Direct offer everything you would expect to buy from a High Street chemist but online, direct to your door. I was given a voucher to complete an order at Chemist Direct and enjoyed looking through the different categories for things we would need and use – hair care, shower products, medicines… There really was a lot of choice.
I picked a lot of products that we use every day and added them to my basket and then saw that Chemist Direct were doing a Buy One Get One Free offer on sun protection products. I added two after suns, two adult sun creams and two children’s sun creams to my order and was disappointed to see that the three lowest priced products were taken off the order total rather than one of each price bracket. The children’s sun cream was considerably higher priced than the other products and so it didn’t work out as good value as it had seemed and so I changed my order to all similar priced sun products instead.
Here’s what I ordered:
- Radox Muscle Therapy Bath Soak – 500ml – £1.50
- Right Guard Women Xtreme Ultra Cool 72hr Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 150ml – £1.29
- Schwarzkopf Supersoft Girls Detangling Spray – 150ml – £1.59
- Oral-B Stages Toothpaste 2-4yrs – 75ml – £1.39
- Imperial Leather For Men Soap 9 Pack – 9 x 100g – £2.85
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Skin Soother – 200ml – £3.50
- Malibu Protective Lotion SPF50 – 200ml – £3.25
- Aquafresh Fresh & Minty Toothpaste – 125ml – £1.29
- Malibu Kids SPF30 Lotion – 200ml – £2.40
- Sudafed Blocked Nose Spray – 15ml – £3.28
- Colgate Plax Cool Mint Mouthwash – 500ml – £2.89
- Aquafresh Little Teeth Toothpaste 3 – 5 Years. Mild Minty – 50ml – £1.25
- Schwarzkopf Supersoft Fixing Mousse – 200ml – £1.79
- Garnier Fructis Surf Texturising Gum Pot – 150ml – £2.49
- Garnier Fructis Manga Head Pot – 150ml – £2.49
- Tresemme Cleanse & Replenish 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner with Multi Vitamins – 500ml – £2.99
- Schwarzkopf Pro Styling Heat Protection Spray – 250ml – £1.99
The prices I have recorded above are the current prices on the website – the suncream is no longer Buy One Get One Free but is instead reduced in price making it great value! The mousse I ordered was cancelled from my order soon after I ordered it and my Chemist Direct account credited with the product value. This sort of thing doesn’t bother me really but it would have been nice to have been offered the opportunity to order a replacement product and to use that credit on the same order rather than having to place a new order and incur a postage cost – although postage is free over £40.
The delivery arrived within a week and was incredibly well packaged. Overall I found the Chemist Direct website easy to navigate and the sun cream offer was great – just not how they calculate the saving. I usually buy toiletry and beauty products on offer so I think a lot of the savings on Chemist Direct are comparable to usual supermarket offers but I would consider shopping with Chemist Direct if I had a lot of things to buy in one go as I do love having things delivered to the door and saving a trip to the shops.
Disclosure: We were given a voucher in order to place the above order and review the website. As always, all opinions are my own.